What old hobbies went by the wayside when you became a mom?

I used to make flowery barettes and hair accessories.

No time now with a toddler...

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 10:14 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Had no problem keeping my hobbies. Reading, writing, collecting things, and crafting. Of course, I had no friends to lose so maybe that's why I had time to keep the hobbies, but whatever. But keeping up with that sort of stuff helped me keep what was left of my sanity.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 10:47 PM on May. 15, 2009

• i used to read alot of books i could go threw a book in three hours but now i havent baught a one in 2 yrs lol i really dont have time with a 2 yrd old daughter in the house saying mommy juice cookie play screamimg lol
    Anonymous

• i used to read a lot, play guitar all the time, I used to sew and knit, I made ear plugs (the earrings) out of oven clay...and since I havent done these in a long time I just no longer have the motivation! I could occupy my time while my son is napping or in bed for the night, but I've become too lazy!! I'd rather sit on the couch and go online or watch tv. *bleh*
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:21 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I would love to find the time to cross stitch. I haven't been able to in over a year. I have something that I started for my DD while I was pregnant and then she would get into an awful position for me and then I wouldn't be able to sit for long enough to do anything.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:40 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I was still able to keep my old hobbies for the most part. For me it was my friends that went by the wayside. They were all singel and having fun and I was preggers and miserable...lol
    ShutterBug77

Answer by ShutterBug77 at 10:57 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Actually I gained more hobbies since I had kids. I don't have much else to do sitting at home. When the kids were little I took up quilting. Then when they were preschool age I picked up knitting and crocheting which I did sitting on the porch while they played outside. Now I scrapbook on my computer.

I did used to read a whole lot more before I had kids but now I can't concentrate on it. I used to cross stitch but don't much because the kids always lose my needles and floss.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:52 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I use to make decorative soaps. That became way too expensive with having four kids. My dh used to mkae candles too. Now i make crafts with my ds's and crochet when i have time.
    sweetpea532

Answer by sweetpea532 at 10:11 PM on May. 20, 2009