Do you believe in spouses giving each other Mother's/Father's Day gifts once the kids are old enough to do something on their own?

I always thought it was a little bit ridiculous.

I can understand when they are babies/toddlers, but...

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 10:20 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Holidays

• My dh and I don't normally. Now with our gs that is the only reason behind the cards, but the gifts themselves come from the gs to etiher or ...
    Honestly to us it's another regular Sunday and we spend it as such...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:56 AM on May. 16, 2009

• My only child is just two, and his dad gives me cards with his "signature" on them and gifts from "him", but I really don't expect it to continue that his dad picks out the gifts once our son is old enough to decide on something. My husband buys me flowers and a nice gift for Mother's day from him as a thank you for everything I had to go through to have our son and for how much he appreciates me taking care of him. (I'm a SAHM)

Maybe I'm spoiled? I think I'm truly blessed!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:24 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I feel the same way as timelssglass, this was my first "mother to be" day, and my hubby got me a gift and I am pretty sure it will continue, he may help our son pick out gifts when he gets older.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 10:26 PM on May. 14, 2009

• The thing that get's me is it's not called My Mother's Day or My Father's Day. Just Mother's/Father's day. My step dad get's my mom a card for mother's day and her to him. Me and my sister are both grown now. But she appreciates how he stepped in and became the father figure for me and my sister. He also get's her a card to honor her as being the mother of his girls. Before my step dad was in the picture I recognized my grandpa on father's day. I think it show's respect and appreciation for your kids mother and father. Until this year my dh has made the day special for me. I am the mother of his children. I also honor him on father's day as the father of my kids.
    I have nothing to do with my "real" dad on father's day. I've nothing to show appreciation to him for.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:16 PM on May. 18, 2009

• we take each other and the family out to dinner.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:44 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I dont buy him stuff from our kids because honestly they are little I get him a gift and this year my daughter painted him a pitcure
    raurismomma07

Answer by raurismomma07 at 11:11 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I think it's sweet. My husband buying me something for Mother's Day is celebrating the mother of his children and vice versa. Not silly to me :)
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:42 PM on May. 24, 2009

• we will still do it when the kids can do it on their own. i find nothing wrong with celebrating the person who gave you children.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 12:56 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I'm glad my husband is a good Father. Why shouldn't I express my thinks to him on the day designated to him? My gifts aren't from my kids... they're from me.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 4:39 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Why would it be ridiculous to thank your husband on Father's Day for giving you your children? If anything thats just rude and selfish not to acknowledge the Father/Mother of your children! We do and always will because we value our marriage, our children and each other. Is it also ridiculous that I give my Mother In Law a present from myself even though she didn't give birth to me?
    Anonymous