18mo - kind of under the weather past few days - should i take him to his 18mo check up tomorrow?

son's had a slight low grade fever off and on for 3 days. he's normal, playful, except yesterday he was clingy. i think he' ok, but my gut tells me he's a little under the weather. should i reschedule the 18 mo check up for next week or in 2 weeks? he'll likely be getting 2 vaccinations tomorrow. i dont want the vaccines to make him feel worse and going to the doc might make him actually sick w/ germs there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If it were my child, I would keep the appointment. If he is sick, they will skip the vacs. But, this is the perfect time, since you already have the appointment,  to have them give him a once over and make sure that it isn't something that will get worse without treatment (like strep, ear infection, ect)

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:26 PM on May. 14, 2009

• yes
    you can have the check up and post pone the vax until he feels better
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:48 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I would keep the checkup, but postpone the vaxes until later. Although, beware, they try to tell you that giving vaxes to kids that are already sick is ok. I just say that may be so for other people, but my kids will get vaccinated only when they are healthy, period.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 11:01 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I feel you should go on ahead and take him to the doctor. those shots will help him in the long run even though it will make him fell bad for the time being just make sure you have plenty of pedia sure and baby tylenol to mellow it for the next 2 to 3 days.
    eyesonmyback

Answer by eyesonmyback at 12:33 AM on May. 15, 2009