painful cramps...

I have had really painful cramping in my upper belly. I was thinking normal MS but now I dont think it is. I can't keep anything down but I've never had cramps like this before. It's to the point I'm in tears and it's not going away. Any advice?

Emmery1985

Asked by Emmery1985 at 10:25 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had very bad cramps and I was now where near term, it turned out I was having galstone attacks. it felt like I had a band going around my upper belly right below my breast and someone was just twisting it tighter and tighter my back hurt too. galstones would also cause throwing up. sometimes the throwing up will releave the preasure. my husband had to give me a back rub and I would burp alot and it would start to go away.
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 10:34 PM on May. 14, 2009

• how far along are you?
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 10:28 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I'm 12 weeks
    Emmery1985

Answer by Emmery1985 at 10:30 PM on May. 14, 2009

• to be safe you may want to call your dr office there sould be a nurse line and see what they say
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 10:36 PM on May. 14, 2009

• How long did it take to go away? cuz thats exactly what I'm feeling right now with the twisting and such. I'm almost tempted to go to the ER
    Emmery1985

Answer by Emmery1985 at 10:38 PM on May. 14, 2009

• it felt like forever. some lasted about 30min. try stilling up streight, find a postion that is comfortable, try to concentrate on breathing, slow deep breaths, put a little preasure on the spors that hurt. the key is to get the galblater to relax so it can release the stuck stone(if that is what this is) but if your gut instinct is to go to the ER then there is no harm in listening to them. better safe then sorry. good luck sweety
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 10:48 PM on May. 14, 2009