Since we're on the subject.....

Hoe do YOU think the earth was formed???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Earth was created in 6 days by the Lord my God. He rested the 7th day. I think the BIG BANG THEORY IS STUPID!
    Katie911

Answer by Katie911 at 9:25 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I was born. If the world ends when I die then it must have begun when I was born. DUH!
    smull1

Answer by smull1 at 10:27 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Supernaturally in 7 days, just like the Bible says it was.

As some people say, the details are on a "need to know basis". We don't need to know how it was formed exactly. I think if we had that technology in our hands we (humans) would totally screw things up.

God destroyed the Tower of Babel because mankind actually COULD have reached into Heaven where God resides...so, the technology isn't totally beyond mankind to do some real damage....given the chance.

JMO
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:29 PM on May. 14, 2009

• lol...you're funny!
    Anonymous

• GOD
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:31 PM on May. 14, 2009

• from: http://paleobiology.si.edu/geotime/main/hadean2.html

The Earth initially formed from the same disk of dust and gas from which the sun itself coalesced. As the mass of the Earth increased, so did the gravitational force it exerted, and it was bombarded by objects from space ranging in size from dust particles to small planets (planetismals). The accretion of this material increased the size of Earth. The impacts of large bodies and the decay of radioactive elements generated heat that melted the materials of the young Earth, creating the “hellish” conditions for which the Hadean Eon was named.

cont..........
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 10:31 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Subsequent reworking of Earth’s crust due to plate tectonics and erosion has destroyed all rocks from the time of the great bombardment on this planet. However, the ages of meteorites (fragments produced by bolide collisions), moon rocks, and impact craters on other worlds in the solar system all provide evidence of this violent time in the Solar System’s history. On the moon, which formed at about the same time as Earth, proof of meteorite bombardment from about 4.0 to 3.8 billion years ago comes from craters dated during the Apollo program. In all likelihood, Earth experienced a history similar to that of the moon.

cont....
    metalcowgirl34

• Although heat was generated through decay of radioactive elements and continued frequent bombardment by asteroids, Earth lost heat to space and slowly cooled. The different temperatures at which molten iron and silicate minerals solidify indicate that as it cooled the Earth eventually segregated into an iron core and silicate mantle. These two features are still part of the fundamental structure of the Earth today.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 10:32 PM on May. 14, 2009

• So why hasn't god destroyed the hubble telescope or more space rocket ships. I'm sure those got much higher then a man made tower ever could.
    smull1

Answer by smull1 at 10:32 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I have no idea how the universe was formed. I was not born to an age where our scientists are anywhere near figuring that out, and anything would be a guess. The Earth itself was the natural reaction to something out in space, an explosion or something. Ask me again when I'm not high on flu medicine.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 10:32 PM on May. 14, 2009