will they induce @ 37 weeks?

I'm almost 33 weeks, and as big as a barn, having trouble breathing at night , particularly if i end up on my back, having trouble walking and getting very very uncomfortable.
I am going to mention it to my ob on Tuesday , but do you think if i were to ask reeeeeeeaaaaaaaallly nicely, she'll indice me at 37 weeks?

I would rather it happen naturally, and im actually crossing my fingers it does. ( i have a short cervix)

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 10:28 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• unless they find a medical reason, they probably won't induce at 37 weeks.... but you never know unless you ask. I wouldn't get your hopes up though.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:33 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I was induced at 37 weeks. I too was HUGE, couldnt wear ANY shoes, and couldnt bend my toes at all i was so swallon(sp) plus had PUPPS. But i was induced because my BP went up and it was putting the baby at risk. It really all depends on your dr, if they will do it or not. Trust me its not the Dr. that feels like crap so unless u have a dr. that REALLY cares, they might make you wait. You will just have to talk to them and let them know how you are feeling. If the baby is growing enough and lungs are good i wouldnt see why not, but im not a dr. I hope things get better for you though! Gook luck!
    Madilynsmommy27

Answer by Madilynsmommy27 at 10:34 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Probably not. Most OB/Gyn's want the baby to set the time of delivery if at all possible. You'd need a medical reason to induce. Just being as big as a barn and short of breath won't matter to them.

Of course, if you're Madonna...you can get a doctor to induce you to keep your body from getting any bad stretch marks....for a price.

So, who knows really.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:36 PM on May. 14, 2009

• if you have a bad doctor, or a REAL medical reason.
    Anonymous

• Ya know, it's really selfish of you to WANT to be induced. Yeah, the baby is probably ok at 37 weeks, but due dates can also be off by a few weeks too. You never know. I know you are uncomfortable and what not, but you really should buck up and just let your baby be until he/she is ready to come out on their own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on May. 15, 2009

• my 37 weeker spent 8 days in the NICU. 8 long, stressful, tear filled days.... It was awful.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Don't feel selfish. I'm miserable and would empty my bank account for someone to induce me right now. (I'm 36 weeks) Pregnancy isn't "a beautiful miracle" for everyone. It's uncomfortable, miserable, and torture for some women.
    jesselynn66

Answer by jesselynn66 at 8:23 PM on May. 17, 2010