Have you ever met a truly lazy parent??

I have, and it is my brother! He only has his kids every once in a while, but when he does he sleeps all day and lets my mom and I do all the work. I have a DD of my own, and I am the only one who takes care of her, I bathe her, I feed her, I clothe her, I trim her nails, all the things that a child can not do for themselves. Well I asked my brother because he came home for the weekend and his kids were filthy dirty after their mother dropped them off at my mom's home, if he was going to give them a bath...he said "they bathe themselves" OMG...his youngest child is 3, how the hell does a 3 year old get themself clean?? RIDICULOUS. LAZINESS!!! I'm actually angry. P.S.- No I don't live with my mom, I'm just there often. LOL.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• without the story cause i will get peeved and start ranting. my brother in law who has custody of my three nephews after my sisters murder is the most worthless piece of crud on the planet. he is soooo lazy and dont so crap but pawn them off on ppl while he spends her death benefits and life insurance(the divorce was to be final the day after her death because he was cheating and left her after the 3rd baby was born wouldnt help with the bills and her and the boys were homeless twice.) on harley davidsons and stuff for himself whilst he signed the kids up for state insurance... he has all ready tried to give the two older boys away to my parents three times ut my mom said no, if you give them to me it has to be all three. you know his girl friend likes the baby. he wont take them to dr, leaves home alone, sends them to my moms all the time so he and his fiancee can go for rides ad to events. ugh!
    devonsmom

Answer by devonsmom at 10:42 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Oh by the way my brother is 28 years old, he just got out of the military. He was not raised to be this way.

He has 3 kids, and only sees them maybe once every 3 months.
    Anonymous

• yes!! my ex (daughters dad) is so frickin lazy!! he gets our daughter, who just turned 5, every couple weekends, and all he does is sleep as well!! and it pisses me offffffff!!!!! when she comes home on sundays i ask her what she did, and she'll tell me stuff like, i went shopping, swimming, to the movies, to the park, out for dinner, stuff like that and i say ohh cool did daddy go to? and she says no he stayed home and slept. like hellllllllo whats the point of having her if all he does is sleep!! ooooooh it pisses me off!!!!! yaa i could go on forever, but..lol..i wont!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:34 PM on May. 14, 2009

• A three year old is quite capable of cleaning themselves. I have a niece who has been washing herself since before she was 2 and does a great job at it as well as a 3 year old neighbor who does it himself as well. It all depends on how they were taught. Your brother needs to grow up and realize that his responsibility to being a parent started when the woman got pregnant and that his children will need him until they are 18. If he doesn't step up to the plate now they won't have a relationship with him nor will they want to as they get older. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:35 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Well there may be some 3 year olds that can, but this one sure can't!!! LOL. I don't really think that he has been taught how to.
    Anonymous

• yes my sil has a best friend that sleeps all day while her 5 year old daughter makes her self food and watches tv all day. It pisses me off and ill tell her something like i couldnt do that i would feel bad and they say its good for them they learn how to be independent!
    Anonymous

• im not trying to make excuses but maybe your brother is depressed.................maybe you should talk to him tell him what you see and let him know that he needs a hand up out of that funk and his kids need him to be a dad thats involved not a lazy dad.
    wyattgrace

Answer by wyattgrace at 10:47 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I worked in child care for 20 years and I have seen way too many lazy parents.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:49 PM on May. 14, 2009

• My sister is a lazy mom, she is 37 years old has 4 kids her 16 year old quit school cause she didn't want to pay for his meals, she wanted him to get a joib cause she need money for her 3 younger kids which the other is 14 she is a diva needs anything that is popular now the 10 and 5 years old she makes them stay down stairs at all times cause she doesn't want to chase them down while she is on the puter with guys from suger daddy .com she will move every acouple of month from family to family cause she doesn't want to help out on bills and makes us family take care of her kids while she feeds her face this women is my sister now thats lazy and when she found out i am getting 270,000 out of my accident she wants to move in .
    Anonymous

• I thought the same thing at first. But its been 2 years now since his divorce, he seems happy now has a new girlfriend who has 2 kids...he takes better care of her kids than his own. His own children have awful hygiene, it makes me so sad. Everytime they come over, I buy them each a new outfit, a new pair of shoes, fix their hair and try to make them look nice. And they really love to look nice. They love looking in the mirror after I'm done fixing them up, they get a little sparkle in their eye. I know that it is not all his fault, the mom is very lazy too, but I told him that when he has the kids he should really take the time to show them how special they are to him... :(
    Anonymous