Is taking a separation break from a relationship worth it.....

Is there anyone that is finding it hard to leave a relationship and hoping that your husband or boyfriend will change but they don't. Has someone taken a break left for a while and then their relationship changed. Want to leave this relationship as he is taking me for granted and is being disrespectful. Doesn't help with anything around the house and expects me to wash his cloths, pick up after him, cook supper and have a full time job. What is wrong with this man? Will he change if I leave for a while and realize what he had or will he be happy that I left. Has someone experienced this before...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• yes I left, he called me every day begging me to come home, he made a lot of promises, we did a lot of talking. NOTHING HAS CHANGED!! But then again I only left for 2 weeks, so I do not know if longer would have made a difference. But it sure didn't work for me!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 10:34 PM on May. 14, 2009

• It took him decades to grow into the man he is today. Do you really think you can change him in a few short years? You accepted him as is when you met him so he's not understanding why you want him to change. He thinks you fell in love with him just like he is and now you want him to change but he has no clue what you want from him. You want him to be a house keeper? Has he ever been one? Did his mom pick up after him or did she teach him how to clean up after himself? I doubt if it was the latter. Of course he expects you to do all things....bc you have done it and probably do a good job. Why should he help you when you've proven to him you can do it all by yourself? I'm not trying to be a witch. I'm trying to make a point. NO he won't change. He has no reason to. He might pretend to change but he won't. Take a break? YES, it's a great idea to see if you want to accept him as is or move on. You can think better after a break

Answer by admckenzie at 10:49 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Oh i sooo feel you! My husband was the same way. His mom babyed him bad!! So he thought i should treat him the same way. Before our daughter was born i did, i tried being the ideal wife, keeping up with a house, working 40+ hours a week plus being pregnant. After our daughter was born it got use because i didnt go back to work. He thought EVERY night he should have a hot dinner, the baby be clean, no dirty cloths or dishes!! But he wouldnt put his dirty cloths in the hamper pick up his plates or anything. I got tired of it and so i just stoped picking up after him. I put all of his cloths in a black trash bag, and the dishes i cleaned off but put them away in a closet. After he relized he had no clean cloths and we were almost out of dishes he started getting the hint. I gave him his bag of cloths and told him when he respected me for what i do then he could come home. 3 months later he did and has been a changed man!
    Anonymous

• my husband and I separated and he too made all kinds of promises he changes for a few weeks then back toto his old ways
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 11:31 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Are you married? or do you two have any kids? cause if I were uncertain that the relationship is going to work out maybe split up for about 6 months with no talk and see if you two can live without eachother
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Just remember when you separate he is free to live his life as a single man. He just may find he likes being single again and will want to keep it that way.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:49 AM on May. 15, 2009

• And for anon up there. You are typical. Act one way to get a man then when you have him you change. And expect him to change. Be real, know what you're getting into and you will have a happy marriage. Don't marry a man you expect to change.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:51 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Yes. im in that situation right now...my babydaddy asked for brake i didnt agree with it but i let it go because i tought he was going to come back and we will be happy but no it didnt work out that way...we just broked up 4 days ago and he already has a girl his been knowing hey for a long time and i guess he was interested in her before well yeah he is with her he only called one time to ask about my baby and thats it..if you thin kits the right thing to do go for it they always come back sooner or later but they always come back a little to late!!thats becuase i know i been trhough it twice..but okay its hard to let them go but you learn to let it go i know im still learning and the messed up part is that shes 20 and his 18 and im 17..i dont think shes mature if she was she wouldnt be messing aorund with him you know..but its up to you sometimes its just better to let them go!you will find somebody who really appreciates u
    noahsmommy-010

Answer by noahsmommy-010 at 3:00 PM on May. 15, 2009

• i have the same problem your having... me and my husband has been married for 2 years now.. i always have to clean up after him.. wash the clothes.... do everything.... i have a nail salon dat opens from 930am to 730pm.. dats alot of hours... he eats and never washes the dish... he cooks and never clean up... its like he thinks im right behind him to clean up after him... i tell him all the time to clean up... we argue and argue about it... i love him and we have a son together... but i cant seem to lose him...
    sweetsugarbabe

Answer by sweetsugarbabe at 8:53 PM on May. 15, 2009