What do you know about natural childbirth and midwifes?

My daugher in law is expecting my first grandchild in November and this is the way she has chosen. No docs.

evelyngayle

Asked by evelyngayle at 11:06 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm currently pregnant with my 3rd baby and have gone with midwives with all 3. They are pretty much the same as doctors but more personable, at least that's what i've heard. I love having midwives, i always feel such a connection with them even after my baby was born. I had an epi with both of my babies and plan to with this next one, but i think it's good she chose to have a midwife, i hope her pregnancy is a pleasant one. Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:11 PM on May. 14, 2009

• i had a midwife for my 1st pregnancy and had no complaints up until the very end...
    because you are the midwives patient, no one can take care of you w/o her giving the ok.
    eventhough i had done the non stress test and the dr felt like i was ready to deliver, she decided to send me home. i began to have very painful contractions that night... but i made it through. the next morning i had noticed some browninsh discharge which i reported to the midwife who told me no to worry and just come to my regular appt on mon (this was sat morning)... well i stayed home for about 9 mre hrs til i couldnt handle the pain. whn she broke my water she noticed a lot af meconium, and still chose to try to deliver naturally. at the very last min (sun morning) i was rushed to the ER for an emergency C sec. my daughter couldnt breath due to the amount of meconium. i just felt that could have been avoided had i delivered whn the dr called me in
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 11:20 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I had a midwife a few months ago when I had my son, I also chose to go with a natural birth. I was completely fine and healthy all through my pregnancy and so was my son. I was able to stay focused during the birth and he was able to keep a perfect heartbeat the whole time. He came out alert and aware. I will be going back to my midwife for my next baby and I will be doing it natural again. If you have any specific questions, message me, and I'll be glad to tell you what I know.
    Babyness

Answer by Babyness at 12:12 AM on May. 15, 2009

• i had an OB with my first, had a c-section. Now, with a Nurse-Midwife and going for an all natural VBAC. I'm excited about it. I think it's great. My mom had a midwife when she was giving birth to me...and she had all natural as well.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:21 AM on May. 15, 2009