What do they do at non-stress tests?

I know they hook you to the monitor.. what else?
How long does it take too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just strap u up to their machines monitor the baby for what seems like 4 ever...
    you jus lay there for the most part
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 11:11 PM on May. 14, 2009

• they hook you up to a monitor and wait for the baby to move i think its like 10 times within a hr.......take a book and relax
    wyattgrace

Answer by wyattgrace at 11:13 PM on May. 14, 2009

• THEY HOOKED ME UP FOR AN HOUR...THEN WAITED FOR THE BABY TO MOVE AND SHE WAS SLEEPING SO THEY USED A LIL BUZZER THING AND WOKE HER UP...THEY MONITOR THE HEART RATE UNDER STRESS
    MadisynsMom0114

Answer by MadisynsMom0114 at 11:28 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I have gone through non-stress tests for both of my kids and here is what I've learned. They will hook you up to the machine and you get to hear the baby's heartbeat (so cool). Just sit back and relax, read a book and click the button each time you feel the little one move. They want 10 movements in one hour. I have been in and out as fast as 10 minutes before. If the baby isn't very active they will "buzz" your tummy a couple times, feels like a tickle. If the baby still isn't active they will do an ultrasound to check heartbeat and "breathing."

Oh, try to schedule the appointments for times you know the baby is active and try to eat a lite snack before the appointment so your blood sugar, and your baby's blood sugar will be up.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:29 PM on May. 14, 2009