Is it possible to get pregnant with your tubes tied?

I had my tubes tied almost four years. Got divorced and I am getting married again. My fiance and I want a baby soooo bad.. Is it possible to get pregnant??

dawn2009

Asked by dawn2009 at 11:22 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It's possible but considered a miracle. Having your tubes tied is a permanent procedure and on a rare occasion people have concieved, but it is done so that you can not reverse it. Talk with your OB/GYN about wether your procedure can be reversed or if other means of concieving may be a better option. You can still carry a baby, you just might have to make it in a "test tube" per say.. or you can ALWAYS ADOPT.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 11:25 PM on May. 14, 2009

• yes especially if it's the older version and not how they do it now.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:27 PM on May. 14, 2009

• If I recall what my dr told me before I got my tubes tied it's about a 1% chance, I agree with momofkearra talk to your ob/gyn about your options.
    roni2911

Answer by roni2911 at 11:28 PM on May. 14, 2009

• What I meant to say is be aware of tubal pregnancy.
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 11:31 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Oh yes, happened to my grandmother...I have an aunt only 5 years older than me. I'm not sure about nowadays though. I would think that they hare doing it better now.
    20hockeymom5

Answer by 20hockeymom5 at 11:34 PM on May. 14, 2009

• It does happen but rarely, and usually it would result in a tubal pregnancy. If your interest in a tubal reversal check out Dr. Levin....not sure of the exact web address, but google him.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:38 PM on May. 14, 2009

• My mother had her tubes tied after she had my little brother. We now have a little sister. She is a beautiful miracle!!!! Her tubes were burnt off and the egg floated into the uterus!
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 11:43 PM on May. 14, 2009

• you can contact a fertility specialist it will cost you but you can get your tubes reversed or at see what they say i'm going next month to see a fertility doc to get my tubes reversed haha it will be expensive but soo worth it as long as there is enough tube for them to repair should be fine

mickeyfan92

Answer by mickeyfan92 at 9:23 AM on May. 15, 2009