i took my son for his first set of vaccines today. the nurse said they were out of one of the vaccines and we'll catch up at 4months. anyone ever experienced this? im a little worried

photo_mom27

Asked by photo_mom27 at 11:28 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have experienced it before and they jus catch the baby up when they have it in stock:~)
    Anonymous

• which vaccine were they out of? and WHY? call around and see if the other doctor offices are experiencing the same thing... take your child to the health department they should have all vaccines on hand and they are FREE to obtain them. Don't worry to much. just make sure you are careful about who and what you expose your baby to. Always keep wipes around to clean up and don't let anyone who is sick around him.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 11:33 PM on May. 14, 2009

• can't you go to a different doc who is not out?
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:33 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I would be skeptical too, Id just go to another clinic that way theres no "catching up" to do
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 11:36 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I really wouldn't worry, especially if it was only one of his Vaccinations. It's kind of like the flu shots. They only make so many at a time and if the demand is greater then the supply, shortages happen. We did a delayed Vaccination schedule and my baby is just fine. He did get all of them.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 2:24 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I really think that if he had his FIRST shots in the hopsital and this is for his 2 month ck up and they suggest to wait until 4 months I would just try and get him in around 3 months... But if he has never had any shots I would try and get him in to ANY other clinic possible..
    best of luck
    truckchickie

Answer by truckchickie at 3:50 AM on May. 15, 2009

• it happens in peds offices I used to work in one, you have the option to go to the health department or another doc or wait for them to call to tell you they have it in and you can get it in between those appnts too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I can't imagine why you would be worried. We choose to do a delayed vaccination schedule. First shot after 1st birthday. One vaccine per office visit. Single dose, preservative free vaccines. Read the insert before allowing the shot to be given.
    Relax and enjoy your little one!

Answer by rkoloms at 11:41 AM on May. 15, 2009