How did your baby do being born at 36 weeks?

I am having a cesarean hysterectomy on May 19th. I will be 36 weeks. I am concerned about how my baby will do. I know all babies are different, I just want to hear how yours did. Thanks!

bjsgrl

Asked by bjsgrl at 11:54 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 36 weeks is really close to being term. May have some problems breathing but I think all will be well. Good luck and sorry to hear about your upcoming hyserectomy. My best friend is facing one after she gives birth any day now.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:57 PM on May. 14, 2009

• my friend had her baby at 36 weeks (vaginally) and her baby had fluid in her lungs and was 5 pounds, 5 ounces...was in NICU for a little over a week and she fully recovered...she's fine now...just so tiny! since you're having a c-section...there's more risk to respiratory infection to your baby. good luck! hope all goes well for you and your baby.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:12 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I'm sure you already know that everyone is different but my friend had her baby at 36 weeks and he's fine.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:42 AM on May. 15, 2009