How do you get rid of Stretch marks?

i got them real bad on my stomach, hips, and thighs from my pregnancy. i don't want them, but i don't know how to get rid of them. any suggestions?

ArmyWife1769

Asked by ArmyWife1769 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Health

• They're there forever. Unless you laser them off. Save your money on all those over-the-counter creams. They don't work.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 3:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• You can't. Stretchmarks are permanent, and remember...those are your battle scars and there is no reason to be ashamed of them. If you still are upset about having them, just know that they fade over time. I had horrible ones with my first pregnancy and within the first six months they weren't as noticeable, and within the year they become what some call "Silver" (very light) to the point that you had to be really close to me to even really notice.

And no matter what anyone tells you, there is no cream lotion or oil that will make your stretch marks disappear. It is scientifically proven that none of them work, because again...stretchmarks are permanent.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 3:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• i have had 3 babys. what im doing is microbrasion and vit. e on them. it wont remove them completly but it will help lighten them up. im also starting the laser which is 300.00 for he pin needles 800.00 for the laser and what it does is starts new skin growth and the dead skin// stretch marks begin to go away.
    jsalazar

Answer by jsalazar at 3:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• This are badges of Motherhood, wear them proud
    sara76c

Answer by sara76c at 4:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Bio oil which you can buy at walmart or mederma is great. I have a 17 year stretch between my two children and had stretch marks from 17 years ago and used them and they took care of mine. My daughter now is 16 months old and I used it about 6 months ago and they work.
    momat38

Answer by momat38 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

momat38

Answer by momat38 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Cocoa butter, 100% stuff, might help. My mom's a nurse and she suggested it for me and some of my other friends that have kids.
    amoremio

Answer by amoremio at 4:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I bought the ANEW CLINICAL Professional Stretch Mark Smoother from Avon. It works to light and smooth the marks. They will not completely disappear. However, I did notice a big difference in just a few days of applying the cream both day and night. www.youravon.com/svelicoff
    pamb10

Answer by pamb10 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Honestly I wish I knew cause I have them BAD on my stomach, but I do know that you can semi-prevent them. If you have another baby, just put cocoa butter all over several times a day and it will prevent them from showing up.
    DevinAnnesmom

Answer by DevinAnnesmom at 4:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• that will depend on your own skin. Stretch marks can go away but before they will, your skin has to be soft and moist. Then you will want to use a coco butter or shea butter lotion for a long period of time to help smooth that out. The key is to keep your skin moisturized. Over time they should fade for you. Also, dont be in a hurry to get rid of them. They didnt happen over night and wont go away over night. And unfortunately some need cosmetic help in that you might want to seek medical help from a cosmetic dermatologist.
    dunkley4

Answer by dunkley4 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2008