help please no bashing or anything like that

i got a new kitten yesterday well actually shes 1 yr old. she is very cute and shes the type were u look at her and u fall in love with her. i love her and all but i have a feeling she is going to be alot of work. wat made me want her was in the store she was very cuddly and friendly and she started licking us and purring and everything...boy did that all change wen we got home. she wants to be in the dark and if anyone or my other cat Lucky went in the same room shed go crazy (hissing and meowing.) is she doing that cause shes new or is she sick? im bring her to the vet monday. dont get me rong but if shes like this any longer im afriad ill have to find her a new home. iv never had to deal with bringing a new cat home before. if anyone has any suggestions on wat to do with her please help but no bashing or anything like that.

brunzysgirl

Asked by brunzysgirl at 12:07 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Pets

• let the cats have some space they aare gonna fight at night just hang in there it gets better in about 2 weeks!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:20 AM on May. 15, 2009

• HI........ No she a little scared new home & new cats you need to give her time to come around my t
    two new cats hid under my bed for a week until the got comfortable you can't expect her to just walk into the house & her be comfortable that's unrealistic if you really did fall in love with her give her a chance
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on May. 15, 2009

• She is probably just freaked out in a new environment, not to mention another cat who she has never met before. Give her some time to settle in. No animal is on their best behaviour when their entire environment suddenly changes- she needs time to feel at home.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:12 AM on May. 15, 2009

• My cat was like that but he acted like that when i brought a new kitten home but after abuot a week maybe two they started to play and now they are best friends they sleep on eachother and lick eachother they are both males.don't get rid of him right away give them a few weeks you never know they may be the best of friend i think they need to get to know each other ,i hope it works out for you
    angeleyez420

Answer by angeleyez420 at 12:31 PM on May. 15, 2009

• i adopted a cat last October, after a cat I just had to PTS. It literally took her like 2 months to get used to my house. She was raised around dogs and cats, when they had to find her a new home at a yr old. She couldn't be in the same room as any of my other animals, without growling, hissing, and spatting. Now she sleeps with the dogs and can walk by my other cat (my other cat isn't too fond of other cats either, but they tolerate each other). They said she was very affectionate, but failed to tell me that she didn't tolerate handling. The affection also has to be on her terms. So, if I pick her up for some lovings, she will give her disapproving meow and struggle, if I keep holding her, she will start to hiss and growl at me. However, she will jump on my lap and demand for attention and as long as I don't rub her belly, she will just sit or lay there and lavish the attention and purr loudly.
    Calicomama2003

Answer by Calicomama2003 at 5:42 AM on May. 16, 2009