I am 38 weekS and want to go into labor help!!?

boricua09

Asked by boricua09 at 12:11 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Talk to your doctor about why you want to go into labor. The doctor can induce you.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:14 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Go for a walk and then have sex then go for a walk again. I heard that sex and walking can help it along.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on May. 15, 2009

• chammomile tea and dark choclate and do some walks on this beautiful night just do no slip in the rain wear good walking shoes!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:17 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Anything that you do to precipitate early labor is considered induction... wether it be herbs, spices, sex, bouncing on a trampoline, or a medical drug. Either way, you'll be having that baby soon enough hun. Relax and try to rest, i know, i know, it's not easy. I bet you'll wake up, take a shower, and while you're getting ready for the day your water will break!
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 12:23 AM on May. 15, 2009

• please don't evict your baby before s/he is ready to come out! it has the next 100 years to live in this world, why not let it stay in your womb, the perfect environment, for the next 2 weeks?
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:29 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Go visit the groups of moms who gave birth in April. Read about the lack of sleep, the messy dipes, the reailty of a newborn...the newborn stae is AWFUL.

You'll want to keep that baby in for the next year! **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 12:33 AM on May. 15, 2009

• The natural methods of labor induction only work if you are actually ready to go into labor. They aren't necessarily making your labor come on but rather encouraging labor that was already beginning to move along more quickly.

Due dates can be off by as much as 2 weeks. Given the chance that your baby might only be 36 weeks (which isn't even "full term) due to that 2 week error margin, I wouldn't want to stimulate labor at this point. Believe me, NO ONE wanted to give birth more than I did. My baby was already 7lbs by the time I was 7 or so months along. He was heavy and I was ready to put him down! But it's more important that your baby be able to breathe when he's born so hang in there and don't start the labor stimulation stuff until you're a bit further a long (just MHO).
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:40 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Just be patient and see when the baby wants his birthday to be. The last two weeks are as important as the first two. Relax and let nature take it's course. It will be here soon enough and when it happens you will know it is the right time. Patience, there must be something you need to do in this last two weeks. Distract yourself with books, lunch with friends, getting the baby album ready, packing and repacking that hospital bag and the time will fly.
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 1:29 AM on May. 15, 2009

• drink castarol oil it will send you it to labor
    1stmomma

Answer by 1stmomma at 1:54 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Castor oil will only cause diarrhea. And I you do go into labor after drinking it, you'll be pushing out A LOT more than just a baby. haha. Just let the baby come out when s/he's ready. No need to rush things, because there will be times when you wish you were still preggos! The only thing that will help with labor, not actually induce it but help is having sex because there's something in semen that helps to relax your cervix, making it easier for you to dilate and making it easier for the baby to come out. :)
    Good luck.
    kurokitty21

Answer by kurokitty21 at 2:18 AM on May. 15, 2009