My two-year-old all of a sudden won't sleep through the night...what can I do?

We just moved to VA, I just got married and he has a man (my husband) around the house now...I was a single mom for over a year...so he's got a lot of changes he's dealing with, but I don't know what to do to get him to sleep the night through. He goes to sleep fine, but he always wakes up around 1:30am. He always used to sleep straight through. Any ideas?

shantastic84

Asked by shantastic84 at 12:28 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He's probably going through a confusing period. Not having a dad, now he does.... it messes with a kid...he just needs to get used to it. Give him time.
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 12:30 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Make your new hubby part of the bedtime routine with your son, make sure they are bonding... tell him that you love him and give him big hugs.. let him know you expect him to sleep in his room, that he's a big boy, and you will be just down the hall.. you aren't going ANYWHERE and if he needs you will be there for him... then read him a story, kiss him and say good night.. .walk out... DON'T GO BACK IN! GOOD LUCK! if he comes out, put him right back to bed, tell him good night, hug him and leave... next time he comes out just put him back, no words... continue..
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 12:33 AM on May. 15, 2009