How can I induce my labor. My doctor told me Im dilating, my cervix are thinned, soft and short.any advice?? im 37 weeks

Asked by momma2b060509 at 12:30 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• why do you want to have your baby so early? please let it stay in your womb until its fully developed and ready for the outside world!

Answer by llansky at 12:32 AM on May. 15, 2009

• chammomile tea and dark choclate

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:35 AM on May. 15, 2009

• google is your friend. Just go to & type in keywords inducing labor, thne click enter., it will bring up some great sites about inducing labor naturally.

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Why do you want to have your unborn child come when he/she is not ready?

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:36 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I had huge babies sometimes a mother knows it is ripe to come out,lol

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:36 AM on May. 15, 2009

• The natural methods of labor induction only work if you are actually ready to go into labor. They aren't necessarily making your labor come on but rather encouraging labor that was already beginning to move along more quickly.

Due dates can be off by as much as 2 weeks. Since you're full-term at 37 weeks, given the chance that your baby might only be 35 weeks due to that 2 week error margin, I wouldn't want to stimulate labor at this point. Believe me, NO ONE wanted to give birth more than I did. My baby was already 7lbs by the time I was 7 or so months along. He was heavy and I was ready to put him down! But it's more important that your baby be able to breathe when he's born so hang in there and don't start the labor stimulation stuff until you're a bit further a long (just MHO).

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:39 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Orgasms. Really really good Orgasms!

Answer by MythicMMM at 12:40 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Do not induce with herbs or medicines. A midwife once said, "Go for a walk until you are in labor or so tired that you don't care anymore" - great advice! Labor will start when the time is perfect.

Answer by CNLueck at 12:41 AM on May. 15, 2009

• well i, and about 3lbs of fresh pineapple a day for 4 weeks......still came when he was ready... i was 2cm for over 8 weeks

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 1:04 AM on May. 15, 2009

• The best medicine for this is patience. The baby needs every moment to develop and will come when the time is right. If you start practicing patience now you will have a good head start for raising kids...when you really need it.

Answer by Mommyghee at 1:18 AM on May. 15, 2009