• In the Spotlight:

Marijuana vs Alcohol

Im curious. Some people I know were having a debate over whether marijuana or alcohol was more dangerous...should alcohol be illegal like marijuana? I personally think that alcohol has caused far more harm than marijuana. You constantly hear about "drunk drivers & accidents" or "I drink & get violent because I black out" or "alcohol poisoning" etc.....How often to hear about people smoking pot & going on a rampage / getting violent? or dying from pot poisoning/overdose? etc. Im not saying marijuana is good for you but if they are going to have it illegal & sale liquor on every corner what sense does that make? Also not saying alcohol is evil because drank in moderation its usually fine...just trying to briefly get down to the point....I would be more concerned w/crack or heroin or even alcohol over pot? think about all the money spent to incarcerate pot smokers/dealers when the money could be better spent on bad criminals/etc

whispers2005

Asked by whispers2005 at 12:40 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• good question?? I dont know?
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 12:41 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Marijuana has never caused a death by smoking it. It is one of the world's best renewable sources of energy, can be used to make rope, paper, clothes, etc. Was vastly produced and even used as currency in the United States and was outlawed in order to head way for the paper mill and oil industries we know today. Just look up JACK HERER and you'll find all the info you need about cannabis.
    It is far more safe and can be used in multiple facets than alcohol. Marijuana does not cause anger and rage like alcoholism has been known to induce. How many people do we see dying every day due to alcoholism?
    It's truely a simple truth and the majority of america does not understand how simple the reality is because no one has taken the time to educate themselves of the facts. It really is amazing when you start uncovering the truth about the cannabis plant.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 12:45 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Just to be clear, what most people are smoking right now on the street is not pure marijuana, it is a hybrid of marijuana, hash, possibly salvia which induces a LSD like acid trip including hallucinations. No I am not a huge pot head or drug addict, I do a lot of research. Why i'm not sure, but i tend to enjoy being vastly intelligent on a numurous amount of subjects. (I know, i'm nuts) There has NEVER in history been a documented case of death due to marijuana.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 12:48 AM on May. 15, 2009

• alco. is wayyyyy worse then weed... no question about it... why its legal and weed is not is mind boggling to me...

i think if u actually keep an open mind and way the pros and cons for each you will see weed is less dangerous and actually helpful in situations.

its like anything else... use in moderation is okay... as long as you take care of what you have to (kids,bills, house, etc.) i see no problem with it... i used to smoked a couple yrs ago... and i still took care of my responsibilites first... i dont anymore only because i married a soldier and moved into a different lifestyle...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:10 AM on May. 15, 2009

• You don't go get stoned and have a one night stand!
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 1:16 AM on May. 15, 2009

• personaly i think marry jane is safer did you know theres no way to over dose on marijuana?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I agree with all of you. I think pot has gotten a bad rap. My parents back in the 70's labeled all the gangster druggies as "Marijuanos". I try to explain to my 74 yr. old. mom that pot does not make people violent, she is confused because back then LSD and ACID was a new drug the older kids on our street were trying. I wish I could take a few hits from my friends pipe once in a while....but I do work for a school district and I get drug tested. lol, I should be able to take a hit to relax me while I gather the herd of kids and make them behave!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:45 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I agree with the other posters. Someone also mentioned salvia, which is completely legal and probably worse (and scarier) than either marijuana or alcohol.
    AngieG.

Answer by AngieG. at 1:17 PM on May. 15, 2009

• eh, I've learned though that pot can lead to being overweight....darn them muchies.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 7:25 PM on May. 15, 2009