That is not an excuse?

Why do some people think that just being a teenager justifies rude behavior? It really annoys me when a teenager says or does something rude and an adult says "well you can't blame them their just teenagers". I'm sorry but being a teenager is not an excuse to be rude to others. Yes I know they are young and they haven't matured yet, but the last time I checked there is no age requirement for manners. You either have manners or you don't, and if a teenager doesn't have manners it's because their parents never bothered to teach them any. Maybe if people stopped letting teens get away with being rude they might learn something. Because rude teens usually grow up to be rude adults. Does anyone else feel this way or am I alone on this one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I totally agree, if you expect nothing from someone don't be surprised when you get nothing back!
    Julia0331

Answer by Julia0331 at 1:11 AM on May. 15, 2009

• teenagers are just immature.... i mean not ALL of them, i had decent manners when i was a teen, but they werent as good as they are now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I agree with you 150%
    Great post!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sami7jami8

Answer by sami7jami8 at 12:46 AM on May. 15, 2009

• My SIL is nine and is the worst person I've ever met. She is rude, she cusses out her mother and anyone else who tries to tell her wrong, she gets everything she wants, she throws the biggest temper tantrums ever, but you know. She's just being a kid.

BULL SHIT!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Manners are manners... you either know how to open your mouth respectfully to an authority figure or you don't. It is the parent's responsibility to teach and uphold the type of manners and behaviors that their children bring with them into the world and there should be punishment / consequences for those behaviors if they are lacking in any department. A teenager is naturally more rebellious than an infant, but that does not mean that they get a "get out of jail free" card to act like a pompous arrogant ass, or a bitchy inconsiderate .... you finish the rest...
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 12:51 AM on May. 15, 2009

• to a certian extent it falls on the parents... but there are always those kids that were brought up well behaved and are rebelling... so its also somwhat on the kdis...

but i agree i hate rude kids
    jsut wanna smack um....< would never though>
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 1:00 AM on May. 15, 2009

• good post... i agree 100%.... kids only take in what they are taught and see... it's the parents NOT teaching them... there is no excuse for their rude behavior
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:07 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I agree with you wholly!
    A parent's job of raising and correcting their child correctly does not end until they have left the home to be on their own.
    If any of my children in my home, or any of their friends in my home for that matter, speak rudely or inappropriately, my husband or I speak to them and correct them at once.
    A lot of times when teens are with their friends out of parent's guard then they tend to take on behaviors that they know are not allowed in order to "spread their wings" and see what they can get away with. They also do it to get attention and to see what type of reactions they receive from other people. Deep down, the teens who are not allowed to get away with it at home, know that what they are doing is wrong.
    I don't believe all teens who are expressing themselves inappropriately turn out to be unruly adults, but there certainly are quite a few whose parents have given up on them. :(
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:58 AM on May. 15, 2009