What can she eat?

My baby girl will be 8 months on the 21st and I am wondering what foods she can eat now ie: finger foods wise.... She has no teeth and gets 4 7 oz bottles a day. She mainly eats 2nd foods and ocassionaly i slip in 3rd foods but she really dosen't like them. I see that she chews when i give her her food so I think she is ready for more chuncky foods but I am just unsure what to give her seeing as she refuses the 3rd foods dinners. Any ideas or suggestions??? Would she be ready for the Gradutes stuff or will she choke because she has no teeth?

KeagansMom08

Asked by KeagansMom08 at 12:50 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You could try Cheerios. That's the first solid food I gave both my kids. Mashed potato's would be good to try too, but make sure you water them down a bit. I also found that mac and cheese is a good starter food because it doesn't require a lot of chewing. If you have a food chopper thing or a blender, try blending up some of the food you eat, like spaggetti, and try that. My kids wouldn't eat the 3rd foods because they are very bland. Hope this helps!
    jen_and_pat

Answer by jen_and_pat at 2:00 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I kept my oldest son on 1st and 2nd foods from gerber until he was almost a year old.. there still getting the nutrition they need.. He didn't have teeth until he was almost 1 yr old!!
    Mabey try to give her gerber finger foods (fruit snacks) or puffs to get her use to it as they do dissolve better than regular cereral etc...
    My oldest son today is almost 21 months old and he likes ALMOST everything in the book .. I don't know if it was just a run of luck or because I gave him a varity of different foods..
    Best wishes with everything
    truckchickie

Answer by truckchickie at 3:28 AM on May. 15, 2009

• my 8 month old likes pieces of bananas, peaches, pears, cooked sweet potato, ect
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 9:59 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Keep in mind that solids given to babies before they turn one are for the experience of eating; nutrition continues to come from breastmilk or formula.
    Great early foods for babies are avocado, baked sweet potato, pureed peas, puffed brown rice, cooked and mashed beans.
    Avoid the allergy trigger foods before baby turns one, this is not a complete list, but includes egg white, wheat, soy, dairy, strawberries, citrus. Nuts, chocolate and honey should not be given before age two.
    The best book on feeding babies, toddlers, and their families is called Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron; you should be able to find it at your local library, and you can find more information at www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 11:34 AM on May. 15, 2009

• scrambled eggs, cheerios, puffs, banana's, mashed potatoes, rice krispies.
    Anonymous