I really don't like sex

I don't like sex, no matter how I think about it, I've never liked it. I just pretended to. But now I can't even pretend I do anymore. It just makes me uncomfortable. It makes me feel weird, and sometimes even a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I don't know what to do, or if there's even anything I can do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• I guess my question would be, has something happened to you in your life that has made you feel this way about sex?
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:55 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I am not that much into it myself it is quite normal after a while to get bored with the same goal over and over I like new challanges now like hobbys and such, reading job search ect! Try to make yourself at least once a month and then buy yourself a icecream shake for a reward for his sake,lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I agree, has anything in your past made you feel this way? maybe sexual abuse, or emotional issues stemming from your parents and how they looked at and viewed sexual behavior. Sex is not only about getting off but about the emotional closeness that you share with your partner... if you aren't feeling like having sex that is okay. You should not feel bad and you should try to seek out why you feel that way. What about it makes your feel weird? Is it possible that you have a hard time letting go of control and therefor you find yourself sickened by the act of sex because you can't turn off your brain enough to let your body get lost in it?
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 1:02 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I do not like the housework involved, washing bed linens ect.,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on May. 15, 2009

• life is more than making love
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I don't like sex either. I do like my vibrator, though,lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Then don't have sex. No one says you have to have sex. My sister has not had sex in a decade and her husband doesn't gripe about it. I went 15 yrs without having sex (ok, without a partner!). My friend says he and his wife have not had sex in about 11 yrs and he takes care of himself. Lots of folks don't like sex. Lots of folks don't like broccoli. It's all ok.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:23 AM on May. 15, 2009

• If you havent' experienced anyform of sexual assult or abuse and just don't really like sex then maybe you just haven't been with the right person yet. Maybe you haven't had a partner who has made you totally comfortable with yourself and the act. Maybe you have a physical matter that needs to be tended to by a doctor. I would recommend speaking to a family doctor first and see what they say. Maybe you just don't like sex and that is that ...if that is the case then don't do it if you don't like it. No one says you have to like it.
    londonmommyof2

Answer by londonmommyof2 at 2:32 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I don't like sex.
    I've never been sexually abused, I just am uncomfortable with it. I don't enjoy it, I just do it to make my husband happy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I personally feel that if you really feel this way , Let your hubby or partner know and if he really wants sex and you don't than let him find it else where..
    I have heard that people do share (just a sex life) with different people.. Just a suggestion to keep HIM happy and YOU too!! As you can still be happy with no sex life etc...
    truckchickie

Answer by truckchickie at 3:22 AM on May. 15, 2009