Teens with Down Syndrome

I have a daughter with Down Syndrome. She is 15 years. I look any moms with the same situatioans to ask about she's girl . My daughter is very nice, sensible, solitary.

Babuci

Asked by Babuci at 1:12 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't have a child with Down's Syndrome, but I have worked with a lot of people that have Downs Syndrome. Have you looked into any programs for her? Lots of places have social networking programs for teens with disabilities.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 2:11 AM on May. 15, 2009

• There are work training programs, social programs, special olympics, residential programs, etc.
    You need to recognize that she will probably outlive you and needs to be able to function in the world without her parents.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:36 AM on May. 15, 2009