Does medicaid cover laser eye surgery?

I know it covers glasses and not contacts but what about the laser surgery?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Health

• No
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on May. 15, 2009

• because it paid for my grandmas laser eye surgery for both of her eyes...but I dont know if it will for me i'm only 25.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on May. 15, 2009

• my tax dollars are paying for laser eye surgery???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Not for Lasik but for eye condition like glacoma it will, it covers medically necessary procedures. Medicaid does cover glasses or contacts every 2 years.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:08 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Chances are your grandma needed the surgery for something OTHER than just getting rid of her glasses. Medicaid will NOT pay for laser eye surgery like lasik because it is considered cosmetic.
    LandonsMa0403

Answer by LandonsMa0403 at 11:22 AM on May. 15, 2009

• NO Lasik is considered cosmetic and is not covered by any insurance at this time. You'll have to pay for it like everyone else.
    Anonymous

• fuck your tax dollars..pfft....people and their self-proposed power based on pennies that were not theirs in the first place...*rolls eyes*
    anonymousannie

Answer by anonymousannie at 5:14 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I think its sad that someone would use profanity on Cafe Mom. Actually I think Lasik surgery is a far better idea to help correct vision than to constantly buy glasses and contacts. ~~~~~ Do not judge for you do not know what storm God has asked her to walk through
    hipindychic

Answer by hipindychic at 12:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• The strange thing about tax dollars are those complaning about how much gets dished out where are usually those with big TAX refund checks..... besides if it is going in the kitty I would rather see someone get it that needs it rather than a senator eating a 1000.00 meal saying its for business.
    hipindychic

Answer by hipindychic at 12:15 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Ok... back to the ORIGINAL question... Medicaid doesn't pay for any surgery that is not medically necessary... the young lady whose grandmother had surgery on her eyes probably had Medicare not Medicaid.
    tekdiva

Answer by tekdiva at 1:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2013