Does anyone have diet,exercise and recipes tips?

I am srtuggling to drop some inches b/c I've notice some dark coloration around my neck area. I've heard thats a sign of future diabetes. So I had a physical and sure enough doc says thats what it means. I can decrease my chances of getting diabetes if I loose some weight and this dark area will even go away. I'm not even 30 years old yet. I don't want to be thinking about those types of illness, but the truth is just that, the truth. So if you gals got some tips for me please share. I can reallly use them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• If you lose it fast, you are incredibly likely to gain it fast. When you diet, or use a diet aid, you are putting yourself on the gain/lose rollercoaster that is harder on your body than not losing the weight at all.
    What you need is a healthy lifestyle; you will lose the weight, maintain the weight loss, feel great, live longer and be setting a great example for your kids!
    First, start moving! Walk for at least 20 min a day, at least 3 days a week. Now drink your water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings, in at least 3 different colors, every day. Start replacing your simple grains (white foods) with whole grains; eat brown rice, whole wheat pasta, whole grain bread, barley, etc; 7 servings a day. Cut way back on, or eliminate, meat & dairy; eat beans, lentils, tofu, etc.
    I have a bunch of great recipes; you can get free meal plans and recipes here:http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html

Answer by rkoloms at 9:55 AM on May. 15, 2009

• GET THE hIBERNATION DIET BOOK ABOUT HONEY
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:00 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I have tried many things, I have had the most success with the "You on a Diet" book and most recently w/ weight watchers online 20 pounds since mid february. Good luck
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 2:45 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Look into the "Cook yourself thin" diet book. The recipes are great!
    MOMANIKKI

Answer by MOMANIKKI at 9:36 AM on May. 15, 2009