A question for Christians...

how can you say you believe in the God of the bible and you believe Jesus is the savior and not believe the bibles directives and advice. Can you explain it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You can't . The bible is the WORD , Jesus is the WORD if you don't believe in the bible, the WORD then you do not believe in JESUS. It doesn't work!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:02 AM on May. 15, 2009

• i dont get the question
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:36 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I thought Grease was the word.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Lol Anon, that was pretty funny.

Anyway, I don't really get the question either. Who doesn't believe in the bible's directives and advice? Other than people who just want to claim Heaven but don't want to live right? Idk if those are "true Christians". Either way, that's for God to decide. Thankfully I don't have to. :)
    almostcrazee

Answer by almostcrazee at 8:43 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I don't get the question either. How can you read the bible but no believe what's in it? It's a question that has no real question in it.
    Katie911

Answer by Katie911 at 9:21 AM on May. 15, 2009

• she's probably wondering , if you believe in God/Jesus/Bible, why don't we still follow OT laws/rules (aka:levitical/jewish laws)..i'm just guessing. and if you give the answer that Christ's coming/death/resurrection 'undid' all those rules that OT xtians were to follow, there will be more questions. again, i'm just guessing.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:30 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Because the Bible was written by men...not God. So whether it was God-inspired...no one truly knows. Not to mention that it has been translated a million times. Who knows if it's the original or not?! Also...the "King James" version was actually translated by King James....hence the name. And King James was a pervert who molested his little boy servants. So that's why I don't believe anything it says. Because it's a man-made device to cause war and make money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on May. 15, 2009

• my belief is that it was written by man but inspired by God. There are way too many prophesies in it for it not to be inspired by God. for ex: it says how Babylon will never be inhabited again and here we are in 2009 and it has yet to be inhabited. Saddam for example has tried to rebuild, war broke out preventing that from progressing. bible also mentions God hanging above the circle of the earth, now in that time how would they know that the earth was circle in shape when several years later Columbus thought the earth was flat. it also talks about how times will get worse. There was no way for these people to know all of this. If people followed the bible this world would be much nicer to live in. It cant hurt to follow Gods guidlines.
    Lvincent777

Answer by Lvincent777 at 10:32 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I agree with Shaneagle
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 11:15 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Of course you can believe in God and Jesus and also realize that the Bible is not infallible. To tell me that it is impossible is ridiculous. It's what I believe, and NO it doesn't make me any less Christian. Throughout the numerous translations and language barriers, I feel that the Bible today as we know it is not the undeniable word of God. It's not about picking and choosing before you even start to go down that path with me. It's about realizing that the Bible is a combination of written oral history passed down through the generations and legend. I see the Bible as a guideline for how we should live our lives.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:27 AM on May. 15, 2009