As you know Havana grace has taking so long to walk

i thought all my dreams were coming true once she tooks ten steps and even 12 away from therapist to grip toy For two days now we are back to only scooting, could it be she had a little fever for two days and does not want to. why does it take so long? I'm told the low muscle tone is an issue but dear God i take her to 3 therapies a week !!! i just want to see her take off .can any of you tell me why it takes so long. ? the ladies i take her to say i need patience but she stood at a year and has been cruising and scotting she only crawled in very soft areas like a cushy carpet Or bed. can anyone respond to the phenomenon of low muscle tone ? Share please. we have one year left of therapy for her i would feel so good to hear similar stories thank you so much

youmakemydreams

Asked by youmakemydreams at 2:44 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Kids' Health

• You really do need to have patience. Progress is slow, but it is real, and you just have to be excited to see those "baby steps" kids make towards their goals. My daughter has low tone. She rolled over at 12 months, crawled at 15 months, walked at 18 months. Now she's three and she's still a year delayed. It's difficult to see her struggle at times, but therapy helps. As long as there is progress, I am happy. If we were to stop making progress, or regress, then I would get stressed. But as long as we are pushing forward, I am grateful.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:13 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I've got a set of 18 month old twins with tone issues. They have both been in therapy since they were only a few months old. My DD has low tone, but becuase of therapy early on, she walked at 13 1/2 months.

My DS has cerebral palsy. His muscle tone is a mixture of low and high. He just learned to roll one way, two months ago. He can't sit independently, has little head control, and is no where near crawling, let alone walking.

He has taught me the fine art of patience. With 10 therapies a week for him, you would think he would magically get better overnight. Nope, it's a slow slow process. But, on the other side of it all, it makes the achievments so much better. I was excited when DD did everything, but it's so different when DS does it. Probably because we have all worked so hard to get him there.

When she walks, trust me it will make the wait so worth it!
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:20 PM on May. 15, 2009

• BTW, DD took several steps and then decided not to do it again for weeks. Then she started taking steps several times a day.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:21 PM on May. 15, 2009