What are the most effective ways of losing the pounds? and Fast??

My daughter is 1 now, and I am sick of the "I just had a baby" look. :) I am really trying to lose the weight, and hopefully look hot in a bikini again! I am looking for ANY advice on diet, eating, ect for losing the weight quickly!

I really am clueless when it comes to this stuff, Ive never dieted before and I just started going to the gym... help! :)

Sherrae

Asked by Sherrae at 2:48 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• If you can find a doctor to prescribe it (I know one in Central FL but don't know where you are) get Adipex. It's the best diet pill there is out there. I have successfully lost 30 lbs. in 3 1/2 months and so has my husband, sister in law and mother in law. We go to an actual physican who prescribes the med's. He said we can eat what we want just cut the portion in half. Drink 5 or more bottles of water daily and other than that we can drink ONLY UNsweet tea/1 cup of coffee daily (in moderation). He also asked us to walk or do something to get our heart rate up for an hour daily.
    Maybe this will help you too. P.S. Regular physicians won't prescribe Adipex. They say it's too risky. They would be liable if anything happened to you while taking it. Our doctor has us pay cash out of pocket for the visit and cash at the pharmacy to get the pills.
    Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on May. 15, 2009

• If you lose it fast, you are incredibly likely to gain it fast. When you diet, or use a diet aid, you are putting yourself on the gain/lose rollercoaster that is harder on your body than not losing the weight at all.
    What you need is a healthy lifestyle; you will lose the weight, maintain the weight loss, feel great, live longer and be setting a great example for your kids!
    First, start moving! Walk for at least 20 min a day, at least 3 days a week. Now drink your water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings, in at least 3 different colors, every day. Start replacing your simple grains (white foods) with whole grains; eat brown rice, whole wheat pasta, whole grain bread, barley, etc; 7 servings a day. Cut way back on, or eliminate, meat & dairy; eat beans, lentils, tofu, etc.
    I have a bunch of great recipes; you can get free meal plans and recipes here:http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html

Answer by rkoloms at 9:55 AM on May. 15, 2009

• i sell a great product that will help you.  it's based on nutritional cleansing.  check out this video and let me know if you want more info

jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 1:57 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I have had huge success and so have my family and friends on a nutritional cleanse. I LOVE it and I love how I feel and look.
    cleanserchick

Answer by cleanserchick at 6:02 PM on May. 15, 2009

• adipex is awesome get dr to prescribe it. It takes away your appitite and makes you not want to eat and gives you lots of energy where you won't want to sit still.
    newmom179

Answer by newmom179 at 9:11 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Fast? A VERY VERY strict diet, which I hated. No sugar, nothing sweet, SELECT HEALTHY carbs, limited to water, nothing fried or battered..etc. Its the healthy way, but honestly the healthy way sucks lol.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:54 PM on May. 15, 2009

• But it works. I was a size 10, now I'm a 6!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:55 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I have found success with Weight Watchers. I go to the meetings where I can buy some of the food products. I have made some friends who are in my same situation and others who have just not gotten off the baby fat. A man there has lost 153 pounds as of this morning and he looks amazing. I find the meetings helpful because we celebrate success no matter how small and it is so healthy. We also share recipes and menu ideas.
    I don't have to give up any foods I just have to count it. If you don't like meetings they have an online membership which is easy. I just need to go and have support and weigh in each week to stay motivated. Good Luck, its hard but worth it!
    haston

Answer by haston at 1:46 PM on May. 16, 2009

• The faster you lose it the more likely you will be to gain it back. I know you just wnat it gone but losing weight is more of a whole lifestyle change. Start working out, drink plenty of water, and make little changes and you will notice a difference in a month. Dont forget to do more than cardio toning up build muscle and is easy to do at home. Situps, quats, pushups...
    goose23

Answer by goose23 at 4:56 PM on May. 16, 2009