what should i do,my toddler dont like nap?

my daughter don't like to sleep,she want to play all the time,it is OK for her age 19moths old,i don't know what should i do,and she sleep past 12 midnight,she never feel tired,help me....!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give her a quiet time activity and set her in her room or crib to play for atleast 45 minutes. Sometimes she will fall asleep on her own .
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 5:26 AM on May. 15, 2009

• As long as she is sleeping 12 hours at night I wouldn't worry too much. But like suggested, I would teach her to have some 'quiet time' in the afternoon. At least she will rest. My 3 year old quit napping at 18 months. He will sit on the couch and watch a movie while the other 2 nap. He sleeps 12 to 13 hours at night.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:41 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I would have her nap anyway. No child likes to nap. Just put her in the crib, close the blinds, play some soothing music. That should do the trick. If she is crying or throwing a fit to get up, don't give in because then she'll know for next time that she doesn't really have to take a nap because you'll get her back up if she cries enough.

Nap time isn't only important for the child, but for the mommy as well. Sometimes we just need mommy time. :)
    almostcrazee

Answer by almostcrazee at 8:35 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Nobody likes to nap. Make sure she's getting a normal 12 hour night of sleep each night and put her in a nap after being changed and fed lunch. Give her a toy or play some music. She'll fall asleep eventually.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 9:52 AM on May. 15, 2009