I need info on online coarses....

Im a stay @ home mama for now but I really am interested in taking some online coarses. Do you recommend anything in particular? Whats the process/costs/etc? Can you get funding for online coarses? Thanks for your input!

whispers2005

Asked by whispers2005 at 4:07 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes you can get funding for online class. Call you local cottege and get as much info as they will give you and also goggle online classes and you may be able to get into free courses as well. GL and i happy for you to cont, your education..
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:12 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Thanks I appreciate your help & post! I went to junior college for 2.5yrs for veterinarian technician but eventually dropped out & moved to get married! ( found out a couple weeks later I made Deans honor roll list 4 medical!? that was a accomplishment to be proud of! darn...lol ) Im excited about online schooling....I wonder what kind of classes they offer?
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 4:18 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Courses is how you spell it! Does not seem to me like you have finshed high school yet!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Sorry I am just a little tired, I actually am well educated ....by your level of maturity sounds to me like YOU have not finished high school yet! Now you can move along......I don't have time to play games w/ignorant "anonymous" people like you-grow a backbone if your going to be so low. *Wink*
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 4:56 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Aww hunny thanks for going to "my level" haha go back to high school and finish before you worry about college. Bye
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:22 AM on May. 15, 2009

• OP ~ I took my time with the process of choosing the online college that was right for me. First, I decided exactly what types of jobs I wanted within a related field and then narrowed it down to what type of degree I should be looking at. Then, I looked at all the accredited online colleges that offered the type of degree program I wanted and used the compare & contrast method between them. I requested information from several of them and spoke with the representatives. I finally made my decision based on what worked well for me and the college that offered the best courses for my field of interest. I went to FAFSA and filled out the form, they contacted the college with all the information, I worked with my advisor and financial aid, and everything necessary was set up for my grant, discount, and federal loans.
    This is what worked for me. Hope I've helped a bit.
    I wish you much success! I love online learning!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:29 AM on May. 15, 2009

• not really hard at all! i'm enrolled at the college down the street from me and i will be going online as much as possible. it saves the trip outta the house. got o the FAFSA website and apply. try schools in your area that way when you have to take a test you just show up to take the test and you're more than a social security number. also when you do your fafsa check forthe schools that specify in them. i had one class online i never had to show up for which was nice and another that i had to only show up every once in a while to take a test
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 8:04 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Go to www.fafsa.gov that is where you can apply for federal funding for student aid. I have a pell grant and so far it has been paying for everything I need.

I take all of my classes online. I will have my associates by the end of this fall. The only thing I have had to go to the school for are tests and labs, but that is only for certain classes not all. I have been going to a local community college near me that is $50 per credit hour. Find a community college in your county and you may be able to go to school cheaper there.

When I go for my bachelors I am going to have to go to a campus. I want to be a journalist and I have yet to find an online program that offers journalism but I don't mind. I think it will be fun!!

Anyway just remember getting an education is the best thing to do you should be proud of yourself for deciding to go back.

Pm me if you have any questions : )
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 9:06 AM on May. 15, 2009

• im taking online courses right now and its very easy. you can get any kind of funding you want, get any kind of degree. i take asynchronous classes which means i can log on at anytime of day and get my assignments for the week. then when i am done i log back on and submit them to the class. good luck!
    artsymama1

Answer by artsymama1 at 9:28 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Thanks for all the great info everyone! I appreciate you taking the time. Im going to look into it today!
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 2:26 PM on May. 15, 2009