Athletes foot home remedies?

My hubby has had athletes foot for awhile now & he tried gold bond & a prescription cream but neither worked!? Any ladies out there got a home remedy w/proven results!!? Thanks for your help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Health

• I don't have a home remedy but you may want to call a foot doctor and im sure they will give him something right away. My DH has the same problem and we have tried everything and we finally had to go to a doctor and two days on the cream they gave him it was gone and has'nt returned. GL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:05 AM on May. 15, 2009

• When my daughter was swimming, she constantly brought home athletes foot. The best remedy is Clotrimazole; You can also use a tea tree oil cream (tea tree oil is anti fungal). I would definately use a cleaner with tea tree oil in your shower for a few days to get rid of the fungus.
    This is what we use for most cleaning at our house (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non toxic.
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    3/4 cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender (optional) (antiseptic and smells nice)

Mix and put in a spray bottle.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:55 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Yes, I have Silver Shield scientifically proven to kill many bacteria, infection, and viruses. If you are interested email me and I will tell you the web site. My husband uses this when he gets it but hasn't had to use it in quite sometime.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 1:40 PM on May. 15, 2009