• In the Spotlight:

How can I get out of a jam like going to Google website about a person who made money posting stuff and I fell for it and gave them my personal info,should I contact my bank right away in case shit happens since they only took the 99 cents?

wandaluv

Asked by wandaluv at 4:28 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• yes so that they dont take more later
    and file a police report
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:29 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Yes call the bank right away and also call the police as well and file out a report. So if something does happen you have proof and your ahead of the game. I am very sorry that this happen to you.GL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:02 AM on May. 15, 2009

• YES!!! Contact your bank immediately. I did the same thing but I wasn't wise enough to do anything about it at the time. Trust me, act now before it is too late!!
    jjk45xox

Answer by jjk45xox at 10:22 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Bank yes, Police, idk. They don't have jurisdiction. Check with your state's Consumer protection agency and report them. They may have other complaints about them and can investigate or at least call the Better Business Bureau and ask them what to do

Answer by admckenzie at 10:41 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Charges of $1 or less are often done by people to test to see if an account is still open and active. Also charges of $1 can also just be a "place holder" on your statement because the rest of the charge hasn't come through yet (this is often referred to as a "pre-authorization charge").

You need to contact your bank and have your account number changed as well as have any debit card you have with that bank changed. You need to let them know what happened. You don't want the person who took your information to suprise you with fraudulent activity later when you aren't expecting it. You don't want them sharing your information with others or using it to steal your identity in order to establish accounts or credit.

As for the police, you can try calling them. They may or may not help. I do a lot of business on the internet and so far they've never seemed like the route to go.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:42 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I actually tried that too!! I used a pre-paid card that only had about two bucks on it and they wouldn't except it which let me know it was a scam! I have considered getting a new card and not putting anymore money on this one just in case though. It is something to be concerned about and you should take action quickly! I was looking for a way to make money at home and that is why I was willing to give that a try...desperation can get the best of you! I did find something legit though and you can visit my profile here to see if it's something you might be interested in. There's a link to my website there. Make sure you do what you need to do to make sure something like that doesn't happen again. Definitly be sure to research any company you are looking into before you give any information to them. :-)
    CrystalJC73

Answer by CrystalJC73 at 12:29 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Thank you for your advice,this morning I called this number that was on my bank statement and cancelled the account .They gave me a confirmation number so I can relate this information to my bank Just in case something is taken out anyway.The next step is to go to my bank and let them know what happened,I got all I need to stop these people in their tracks because a lot of people have become victims of frauduent services that are too good to be true.I will never ever do something that stupid again because I have a lot to lose and nothing to gain.
    Anonymous