How do you prepare your infant for daycare?

I still have 3 weeks before she starts, but she still has her days and nights confused! If we want to feed her at 6 am every day, what do we do if she wakes up hungry at 5, or 4:30? Try to hold her off? Feed her anyway?

leahs_mom_kate

Asked by leahs_mom_kate at 4:51 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would feed her anyway but try to hold her out a little longer and you may be able to get her eating closer to 6 am by the time she ready for daycare. If the first few days shes ready to eat at 4:30 try and hold her out till 5 am and so on. GL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:59 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Day cares are very accomidateing. Feed her when she's hungry and day care will follow the schdule for the day. You can try pushing the feeds no more than a half hour at a time, but if your child is hungry why not feed her? I know my day care prefered it when my duaghter ate at the same time every day as the other kids were on schedules too, but they understood and worked with her. She'll get better once she's at day care and on a schedule there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on May. 15, 2009