Why does it hurt to walk? Feels like alot of PRESSURE...Let me explain.

Ok, At this point when I walk the lower abdominal pressure hurts terrible.It feels as if I walk the pressures is pulling in vaginal area.I am not 37 weeks till next week.But I am a HOUSE..LOL......And can you be in labor ,And your water not break?It just feels as if I walk she is right there.I know it may not be .But the pressure is terrible.Thanks for all of the advice.You who have answered ohter questions have been very informative.....

chelsey09

Asked by chelsey09 at 6:52 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Go to the doctor and reguest an ultrasound if ur worried, I had alot of pressue when I was pregnant with my 1st and had to go to physical theraphy after cause it was worse after he was born especially going up stairs, so go ge tchecked out- sometimes it is how the baby is laying- othe times could be a bladder infection or in my cause I had a small hair line fracture that they could do nothing about because I was preg. then after he was born I went to physical theraphy- he was a big baby.
    You know With my last preg. I went to the chrioprator every week and did fine-it really helped me - chrioprators do not use druge they put mild pressure on your spine try it maybe and some do masssage- so it really helped me alot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 AM on May. 15, 2009

• When you walk that helps the baby to work her way down into the vaginal cavity. You are doing more good than you think by keeping up with the walking. This would explain why some women that are in labor in the hospital are advised to get up and walk. That constant movement across your hips helps to lower the baby's head where it needs to be to speed up or move along the process of labor and delivery.

You being a house? Oh Momma, I was right there with you. I am short (5'3") and when I was pregnant with my son there was no where else for me to grow but OUT. I was huge. I'm fearful and excited about that too this time around.

Keep walking, drink tons of water. You are helping yourself more by doing those two things. If you can tolerate tylenol, which is allowed during pregnancy, then take some to help ease the pressure.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 7:35 AM on May. 15, 2009

• well most people dont have their water break when they are pregnate most people need the doctor to break it for tem...i would go to the doc and get checked out or at least call and ask them because they will know for sure if you are in labor or not it doesnt sound like it to me though...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on May. 15, 2009

• your baby is engaging into your pelvis. he's gearing to go soon. only 10% of women have their water break. the pressure you're feeling doesn't mean you're in labor. you need contractions or menstrual like cramps that come at a consistent, strong period. 5 in an hour, lasts around 30 seconds or more, 3-5 minutes apart. i feel the same way. it hurts to walk, sit, stand and even lay down...sooo uncomfortable. pain and cracking in my hip bone, tailbone, pubic bone...etc....i will be 38 weeks on sunday and hope my body will go into labor on it's own sometime in the next few days!!! you can try acupuncture and acupressure, that's what i will be doing as i near my due date.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 2:37 PM on May. 15, 2009

• You should try to visit your doctor for possible reasons of this discomfort. True labor is associated with pain radiating from the back to the front and other signs. Most women who have had a hip replacement were also found to have problems with walking while they were pregnant.

CatRus09

Answer by CatRus09 at 5:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2012