Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Induction at 37 weeks with Pulmonary Embolisoms

I have been in and out of the hospital since i was 22 weeks pregnant and still we ant get my blood thinner levels right. Would it be safer for my doctor to induce or should i wait the next 3 weeks out???

Answer Question
 
leeleem717

Asked by leeleem717 at 7:35 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • My son was induced at 37.5 weeks and his lungs weren't ready. He stayed in the hopsital for the next 3 weeks after he was born. If your doctor feels that the baby is ready to be born than express your concerns. At 37 weeks the baby should be ok. I thought the same thing about mine but I was wrong. If you can wait out another 2 weeks I would do it. Those last weeks make all the difference. I wish I had waited a little longer for my son. Since I didn't wait and felt he had to be born right then I ended up watching my son fight for his life. It's a horrible thing to witness. My son is happy and healthy now but his first weeks are burned in my mind and I will never induce early again.
    lilbit022009

    Answer by lilbit022009 at 7:39 AM on May. 15, 2009

  • Your doctor will make the call if he feels you are ready. He should ask you to do an Amnio to make sure the lungs are fully developed and start a steroid treatment for the lungs now to help them mature faster. If he will let you wait it out wait until closer to 39 weeks.
    brailynsmama08

    Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:12 AM on May. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN