How do I know for sure if this man is really interested in me?

We work together. He comes up to my area everyday, speak and then leave. For Xmas, he ask for my daughters Xmas list. He buys whatever is on her list. For 2 yrs in a row he has attended her recitals. He always ask how she's doing. He seems like he wants to ask me something but never does. I'm not assuming anything. I'm not going to be the one who show interest first. It's nice to have a guy show his interest. This guy is a gentleman, very respectful. Someone said that he's letting me know that he's interested in me, by showing interest in my daughter. This guy is very nice. He's not aggressive. I'm confused if I should be the one to make the first move. I really don't know what to say to him. He really cares about my daughter. Her well being, how she's doing in school, grades, her birthday, easter, etc. I don't know how to take him.

MeTime360

Asked by MeTime360 at 12:25 AM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• 2 years this has been going on...? Umm I would probably be going crazy with questions too...I guess if you're definately not going to make the first move all you can do is wait for a clearer sign from him. Maybe you could ask subtley about something that he would have to answer based on how he thinks of you...sorry that's vague, hopefully you know what I mean..good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• ask him out to lunch with you or for some coffee some time. just don't let him get too involved with your daughter yet. you never know. showing that much intrest in my daughter would make me a littly leery. but i'm a paranoid person when it comes to pedifiles. i'm always on the look out. is he ever intrested in just you and your likes?
    SamsMom125

Answer by SamsMom125 at 1:14 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I am with sam's mom. I would be very leery. He should have already made a move by now. If not, are you sure you would even want to be involved with someone who is that "un-aggresive"? I mean, its fine to be a woman who steps up and makes the first move, but not after 2 years. Be very careful.
    prissymommy

Answer by prissymommy at 1:59 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• He seems like he wants to be with you. I would ask if he wants to go out to dinner..just you & him. Make it very obvious it's a date. Get your man!
    MarandaCrocker

Answer by MarandaCrocker at 11:48 AM on Jun. 21, 2008