GIRL SCOUTS WAS AWFUL,

i went to the meeting,trying to be a good mom,my daughters friends mom(who scratched my daughter)kept on saying these induendoes(sp)nobody likes to left out.things like that directed to my daughter.as it ended up my daughter and this girl had a big fight about my daughters new bike,.its a moutain bike.we got it at target.she got her bike for about 400.00$well my daughter and i dont care.she just made such a big deal out of it.then my daughter was in the driveway and they all drove by this woman and a car full of girls.now this is a dead end street there would be no reason for her to go by,this woman is always calling me and telling me how much she dislikes these kids.my thing is this is girl scouts and a neutral territory.thank you for answering i know this isnt much of a question but i dont talk to many of my friends anymore and you guys are really it.(my choice)this is getting kind of out of control with this mom...

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 8:18 AM on May. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would let the mother know your not going to put up with her shit. Let her know if it continues then you will end your friendship with her and if her daughter continues to be mean to your child then your child will no longer have to be nice and tolerant of her either. Let her know you don't care how much money she spends that money can buy class and respect. She is talking about your child and making snide comments then she needs to be made aware of her own actions by you calling her out on them. Tell her you don't see a reason for her to drive by and if she doesn't like other kids then don't invite them over and ignore them. Her daughter won't get far if she continues down the road of my shit don't stink because her mama is raising her to think money can buy you anything.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:47 AM on May. 15, 2009

• ew answered so nicely thanks...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 8:55 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I had a bad experience with girl scouts and my daughter actually quit after two years. The leader and co leader were best buds. Then they had a falling out which is fine. So instead of one stepping down they ruined the meetings by just being ugly to one another and putting each other down and undermining each other. Real high school drama. We never went back. MAybe you can switch troops.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:07 AM on May. 15, 2009

• unfortunately-its not like it used to be, my kids got a new leader that was selective in picking kids to, so they ended up quiting. small town, not much of a troop choice. you CAN write a letter to council and complain!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:03 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Can you start your own troop? Or better yet just invite the friendly girls and their families to go camping, hiking, and other fun get togethers. Do all the fun stuff, without the pressure. I never liked the girls scouts as a kid. Too much key chain braiding and not enough action for my taste.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 2:42 PM on May. 15, 2009