have a big question

has ne one elses went through havin antibodys in your blood and havin to worry bout if there going to pass over to your baby and harm your baby im going through my second pregnancy and they are jus now catching this problem and i dont know how to act about it i guess im jus scared more than ne thing cause i dont know what im dealing with!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If it was something you think you still had with your first child, and he/she turned out ok, then it shouldn't be anything to worry about. What did your doctor say about it?
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:34 AM on May. 15, 2009

• they should give you a shot of RoGham. i had to have that b.c of my blood type. my blood has antibodies in it that will not attack my first baby but it will attack my second. so the shot got rid of those anti bodies so i can have as many kids as i want and not have to worry. they shoud have given this to you with your first pregnancy around 28 weeks.
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 9:52 AM on May. 15, 2009

• well im i really didnt get alot of info on it cause it took me by suprise cause i had not been told about this before and it is strange for this to be happening to me cause it normaly only happens to ppl with the blood type rh-
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on May. 15, 2009

• they dont normaly give rogham to ppl with any other blood type jus rh-
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on May. 15, 2009

• thats correct. im O- so thats why i had to have it. do you know what you blood type is? if your concerned call your doctors ofice and explain to them that you dont understand what the doctor told you and you would like it to be explained
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 12:39 PM on May. 15, 2009

• well im o+ is why i dont think i can have the rogham shot cause they give it to - blood types
    Anonymous

• i ment thats why i cant have the rogham
    Anonymous

• oh, then yea i dont think you can have it them. im sorry i must have misunderstood what you were asking. i would call and talk to your dr. just say you are concerned about what they told you at your appt and he should explain it all.
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 2:26 PM on May. 15, 2009