I have a 6month old daughter who has ultra sensitivse skin. We live in florida and shes constantly gettin heat rash, which her dr calls prickly heat. The peditrician says there is nothin i can do but let it run its course. Does anyone know of any other ideas i can try??

her whole body is covered w/ this rash, but mostly her neck, sides/under arms, and in her diaper.

angelbaby112308

Asked by angelbaby112308 at 8:59 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Health

• keep her cool and hydrated.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:09 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Maybe try some lotion like Eucerine.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:12 AM on May. 15, 2009

• i would only take her out side when i had to or if she was goin to be doin something that she wouldnt get to hot like swimming. and i would proble ask another doctor to get a second opinion.
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 9:20 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I have similar problems with my 1 year old (His entire life). He has really sensitive skin, so we are constantly battling eczema, rashes, yeast infections in the diaper area, etc. We just take him to the doctor every time it gets too bad. They said he is just ectopic, (I think that is what it's called) which simply means "prone to skin conditions". We use Cetaphil to bathe and lotion him with and that seems to help. I was also advised to bathe him no more than 2 times/week. It's FRUSTRATING!! And time consuming having to take him to the doctor for every "flare up". When he gets a yeast infection in the diaper area (it goes straight to yeast infection, instead of diaper rash first) it's very painful for him. I think the yeast infection was my fault though because I was putting baby powder with corn starch in it. DUH! WIth my daughter corn starch worked miracles on her rashes, but with my son, it causes yeast infection.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 10:32 AM on May. 15, 2009