Are you aware that there is a mother who owns several pregnancy groups on here that may be using our personal info for research and getting paid for it?

I wont give out her SN but she owns several 2009 prego groups and is not active in any of them but has admittied to using personal info fomr members for research and her own benefit (she gets paid) are you ok with this? (she has been reported several times we are just wating to hear back)

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 9:00 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no! I would have no problem with it if she was forthcoming about what she was doing but to weasel behind our backs I have a problem with it.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:14 AM on May. 15, 2009

• thats not right, if she is going to use personal info. she needs to put that in her groups so everyone is aware of it, Its probably illegal
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 9:16 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Welll...what KIND of personal info? It seems shady to me no matter what, but if she's doing some sort of socio-research - I might be OK with it. If people are crazy enough to post their phone numbers, addresses, social secuirty numbers and bank account numbers...they're kind of putting themselves out there to be taken advantage of! Not that it's right for her to do, but..
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 9:23 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I did notice that the same person kept starting pregnancy groups for every month in 2009, and now probably for 2010. I thought maybe she was TTC and hoping to be due that month. If she is using personal information for research, she needs to be honest about it. As long as every single person who joins the group knows what is going on, it doesn't bother me. If moms are not aware, I believe that is wrong and should stop.
    DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 9:46 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I have no idea who you are talking about and I'm not in any of those groups. I just wanted to add that I just did my IRB CITI training (which is basically research ethics), as long as she isnt participating what she's doing is okay as long as she isnt releasing your names. That being said, I'm not sure that I would be okay with it either.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:20 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I would not be ok with it at all! It might be legal, but it's not cool! I would like to know if I was a part of a group study.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:53 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I was in one of the groups. She is NOT using full disclosure and I do believe that she should have to because some very personal information is being posted on the pregnancy boards.

She HAS participated in the boards, just not very much. She also DOES participate in the chats.

Personally, I hope she gets booted. Even if what she has done is some how legal, she's hurt people's feelings and abused their trust.
    boobs4milk

Answer by boobs4milk at 2:35 PM on May. 18, 2009