how long a baby takes a time to know how to eat finger foods???she is 18 mths and she does not like eat finger foods.but she likes to eat whetever I have.I give her soft tofu,peas,cooked carrots e.t.c.she takes it for sometime but afterwards she spits it .I am tired.

how long will it take to make her eat small chunck foods ???

asatyal

Asked by asatyal at 9:08 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Kids are different but at 18 months she should be able to eat anything you are eating not just soft, mushy foods. My oldest had a major gag reflex on chunky foods, though, so even at 18 months she would still gag and choke on them. It was a major pain in the butt but she grew out of it.

My other kids never had those problems. My youngest was self feeding herself when she was 7/8 months old. She fed herself Thanksgiving dinner when she was 7 1/2 months old (turkey cut into tiny chunks, potatoes, sweet potatoes and broccoli). By Christmas she was completely self fed and eating whatever we had within reason (she was 8 1/2 months).
    You just keep offering it. Put it on her plate but don't feed her. She will eat if she is hungry.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:16 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Well, it all depends on when you start them with foods. Our kids start on finger foods around 6 months, so they are perfectly able to eat table food around 8-9 months.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 9:50 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Offer her what you have. Give the whole think and let her experiemnt with taking bites. Keep a close on her though, but see how it odes. My daughter is at an age where she wants thew hole thing and actually does well with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Keep offering, if she just wants to play with it, or spits it out, try another texture. Tofu, peas and cooked carrots might feel wrong to her. Try crunchy.

Miss Munky didn't start eating regularly until she was almost 3, but she's always been very healthy.
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 10:34 AM on May. 15, 2009