my baby is tiny and I wanna her to be fat .she is 18 mths now .give me a menu of your child so that I would know what is lacking...

asatyal

Asked by asatyal at 9:16 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Why would you want to make your child fat!? Whats wrong with being happy with how your daughter is if she is happy and healthy?
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:18 AM on May. 15, 2009

• She is still growing maybe that is her frame right now wait alittle while longer and see what happens you don't want her to get too big bc then it will be a hard habit to break she will become obese if you don't control it. It can also have alot to do with her genes are you small and petite or is her dad side of the family? If so there you go....just enjoy her now they grow up so fast. If she seems to be healthy and happy don't even worry about it...good answer amy31308.
    GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:22 AM on May. 15, 2009

• i agree if the doc says shes healthy then let it be she will grow into her own. or talk to her doc tell him what u think and what you should do.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:25 AM on May. 15, 2009

• you should not want your baby to be fat...she should be around 20-30lbs. there is nothing wrong with the child being thin. my daughter is 18 months and weighs 26 lbs. The doctor said that she is the perfect weight. My son however, is 3 and weighs the same as my daughter. Well, 28 lbs. But the doctor said he would rather see a child on the skinny side then the fat side. My 3 year old is a very picky eater and we are working on that. but at 18 months your DD should be eating what you eat just in smaller portions. eggs, sandwiches, pancakes, bacon, biscuits, veggies, bananas, raisins, apple pieces, grapes in small pieces, tomato, potato, beef, pork, chicken, etc
    When I eat my kids eat. breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, dessert.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:26 AM on May. 15, 2009

• My granddaughter is 15 month - she is teeny tiny, but her mother (my DD) was the same way. She eats everything that the family eats + she is still BFing. It could be that your DD is just going to be on the small side and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that!!!!!
    Nanna22

Answer by Nanna22 at 9:34 AM on May. 15, 2009

• If she's growing, developing, and eating...she's fine.

I think we're all confused...why would you want your daughter to be fat?
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 9:51 AM on May. 15, 2009

• My children are tiny. My son will be 2 in 11 days. He is 20 pounds. :) He eats like a HORSE. He can eat more than my husband. I don't know where he puts it. But he is still really tiny.

My daughter will be 4 in a week. She is 32 pounds.

They are both super skinny kids with high metabolisms, but they both eat very well.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:55 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Alright here goes:

breakfast: cereal and fruit or waffle or pancake or just fruit
    snack: gold fish, pretzels, fruit, grahm crackers, cheese, yougurt or pudding
    lunch: chicken pot pie, meatloaf, chicken and fruit and vegie, meat and fruit and veggie, pizza, hot dog and fruit and veggie, etc. (day care prepared meals), PB&J, ham and cheese
    snack: crackers and cheese, crackers and peanut butter, fruit, gerber snacks, etc.
    snack: same as above two snacks. just rotate add more, too
    dinner: pasta and chicken and veggies, speghetti, taco shell with chicken or meat and cheese, mac n' cheese, mac n' cheese with meat, etc.
    snack: same as above snackes

This isn't all she eats, either, just examples of what I can think of. Here's the kicker, all that food (sometiems 2 or 3 helpings!) she's 2 this weekend and is only 23 lbs! She's in the lower 10% for her weight.

cont...
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 10:04 AM on May. 15, 2009

• My point? Just because your chils is small doesn't mean she's not healthy and does not necessairly mean she needs to eat more! My daughter eats sooo much but never sits still. She burns if off as soon as she gets it! Overweight is not helathy, and average isn't necessarily healthy for your child either. Just offer healthy foods, variety to encourage healthy eating happens and let your child grow at her own rate. ... unless the doctor is concerned about the low weight. In which case he/she can give you ideas on healthy, fatten foods for your child.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 10:06 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Kids, like people, come in all shapes and sizes. Your daughter, and you, should be drinking lots of water and eating a variety of healthy foods: fruits and vegetables in lots of different colors, whole grains, bean, tofu, lentils.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:05 AM on May. 15, 2009