Would this count as working out?

Anything that you do around the house and really start to sweat ( atleast I would consider me burning a few calories...I hope).

I know it is not the same but it has to count for something...don't you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• You are burning calories even when you sleep. But if your intent is to lose weight, tone or build muscle, then just housework won't do it alone. In other words, a person can hit the gym and work out like regular fool for an hour but then come home and sit the rest of the day. That won't work for the long haul either.

Staying moving all day long is necessary to keep your heart rate up. If cleaning house is what it does for you, then make it your goal to have a really really clean and organized home. Cook excellent healthy meals and take afternoon and evening walks with the kids and hub. This makes for a healthier body and mind. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:03 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I does burn more calories than sitting on the couch watching TV!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:58 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Yes it is! At weight watchers they consider house work, an actual work out. Anything that you do to keep your body moving, will help you burn calories faster. Apparently, people who just bounce their knee all day use up about 200 more calories a day, just bouncing their knee. Turn some loud music on & mop that floor girl!!!!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:58 AM on May. 15, 2009