What do you think people think when they say you just have to do some walking?

My thought is walking on the treadmill or just go and do some vigorous /brisk walking.

Some people think just bc they do some walking like in a warehouse that that is good enough....Is it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I honestly think it depends on the person. I know women who've lost significant amounts of weight just by cutting out soda and doing some moderate walking. This DID NOT work for me. It has taken great diligence in my eating habits as well as serious, vigorous exercise to achieve real weight loss. I do approximately 60 minutes of cardio aerobics/kickboxing 4 to 5 days per week, plus strength training 1-2 days per week, and a 20-minute abdominal workout twice per week. I envy the people who can lose weight easily, but on the other hand, the difficulty I have losing weight has led me to a far healthier lifestyle and gotten me in terrific physical condition.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:34 PM on May. 16, 2009

• it depends on how much they are walking. Of course it's better than sitting at a desk all day. It does not matter HOW you walk, whether it's on a treadmill or not makes no difference. Any kind of walking is MUCH better than NO walking.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:55 AM on May. 15, 2009

• We all need to exercise. We all need to eat healthy.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:59 AM on May. 15, 2009

• 30 min of brisk walking is heart healthy alone with eating a low fat diet and drinking64 ouncesof water or more a day
    MizSandy

Answer by MizSandy at 10:07 AM on May. 15, 2009