What is the best month to visit Disney in Florida?

I'm planning on going in 2013 for my 15 year anniversary but that's in January so looking to see which month you mothers think is the best.

bobbicroft

Asked by bobbicroft at 10:07 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Travel

• Just took two trips in April. The week before Easter was terrible, it made me not ever want to go back in April. The lines were impossible and the crowds were unbelievable. I also went the last week of April and it was way better. I have been in October and February also and February is my favorite time to go.

BTW, both trips in April were school trips, I don't normally pop into Disney quite so often.
    haston

Answer by haston at 11:03 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I like January- things are slower!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:07 AM on May. 15, 2009

• JANUARY!!! Nice cooler weather, AND MUCH LESS PEOPLE! That's my favorite part....lol! No lines!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:09 AM on May. 15, 2009

• My favorite times to visit were always in April or October, the weather is great - not too hot. I just visited in Feb though and the lines weren't too long and it wasn't too hot. Having grown up in S. FL. and visiting Disney A LOT, all I can say is to stay away during the summer months if you can.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 10:11 AM on May. 15, 2009

• January sounds perfect. GO GO GO! Lucky :) Also, I think if you go to the site it can show you some where on there which months are slow.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:20 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Definitely January or February.
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 12:33 PM on May. 15, 2009

• The slowest times are the week after Thanksgiving through the first two weeks of December. Early Feburary is a good time too, but it can be a bit chilly, if you want warmer weather try the end of September through early October.
    WishyClarkson

Answer by WishyClarkson at 12:43 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Just to let you know, I used to live in Florida, if it rains, don't leave the park right away. Most of the time it will rain for like 20 minutes and then 5 minutes later there won't be a cloud in the sky. If you aren't used to humidity and heat, I would recommend you go late January, early February. Even September and October can be hot and humid in Florida. When we moved to Florida it was December and we were wearing shorts. This was north Florida. It can be cold one day and warm the next. Usually when it is cold, it's actually pretty nice during the day. The mornings and late evenings are the coldest. Have fun!
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:19 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I've lived in Florida my whole life and September and October are HOT HOT HOT....
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:03 PM on May. 15, 2009

• January would be a great time to go, we went in 2007 in December and the weather was so warm, but not too hot just about right and it wasnt that crowded either
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 10:04 AM on May. 16, 2009