Everytime i clean with bleach my throat hurts am i doing something wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• maybe to much bleech and being right next ti it your inhaleing it. open up windows when u use it that should help a little.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:17 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Try to keep the room well ventilated. Bleach is a very strong chemical. Make sure it's not having a reaction to something you are cleaning also.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Inhaling too many fumes will do that. Keep the air circulated when you use bleach. If you're doing dishes with bleach, never mix bleach with soap in the water, because it has a reaction and makes the bleach a LOT stronger. I always fill one sink with bleach water and wash in the second sink. If you're washing walls, doors, counters, etc. with bleach, get you a spray bottle (mark it bleach so no accidents happen) and put just a bit of bleach and mostly water in it. That way the smell isn't constantly in the air.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:20 AM on May. 15, 2009

• That is so strange every time I use bleach it feels like it is stuck in my nose all day long I feel like this... it is like I have to go outside to get some kind of another smell.

It is so weird bc I know this and I continue to use alittle more than I have to and say to myself ok I am going to use just alittle bc remember last time I had that smell in my nose for a day.

But there I go and over do it again. It's like the smell get stuck in my little nose hairs or something I don't know. But it doesn't really bother my throat. I just try to take fresh new breath when I can until it flushes out...lol I know weird but true.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:21 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I don't use bleach to clean my house because I can't take the smell. (Even if I open up everything.) I use Dettol to help disinfect. (It's a Caribbean/British thing. ) You can't find it everywhere and the smell is antiseptic, but it's what worked for my family for generations.  My granny will tell you it's not clean unless it's Dettol clean.

jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 10:29 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Stop drinking it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on May. 15, 2009

• You could be using too much bleach or you are allergic to it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:19 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Be sure you are diluting it properly and that you aren't mixing it with other cleaning products.
    You will need to add ventilation (portable fans) in the room you are cleaning and it will help you quite a bit to buy a face mask. They are sold in first aid sections of stores and cover your nose and mouth. They are lightweight and are held onto your face by an elastic that goes around your head. If you are only using them for cleaning, and you aren't sick when you wear one, then you can wear them more than once.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:01 PM on May. 15, 2009