should i tell my DH i'm depressed, having nightmares, so sad, irritable (he notices that one), bc of infertility issues? or will it make it worse for him - or make him uncomfortable?

or should i keep it all in? the only friend i have that i can talk about this with is pregnant - and i don't want to talk to her bc i don't want to make her feel bad. (i'm throwing her shower this weekend, and its really depressing to me.) advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would talk to your DH about it. Nothing is going to get resolved by keeping this from him. Yes, it may make him bad and uncomfortable but you have issues with this. You have to talk about it. Maybe bring up the subject of adoption. You didn't say which one was infertile, you or DH. Either way, it is not going to make you feel any better by keeping this to yourself. communication is always the key. good luck and I am sorry for your troubles.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:21 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Yes, you should tell him. But plan what you are going to say and how you are going to say it. Men often hear what we wives say as being assusatory or blaming, even when that is not our intention. This is not a "your" fault, "my" fault situation. It is an "our" problem, and you must learn to deal with it as a shared burden. The only way to do that is to talk about how you are feeling. He may be feeling the exact same way, but men have a much harder time expressing their feelings. So by expressing yours, you may very well be expressing his for him. Just remember to be extremely careful and choose your words wisely.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:25 AM on May. 15, 2009

• talk to him
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:27 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Your in this together. Use each other as supports. Good luck!
    LindsK

Answer by LindsK at 11:55 AM on May. 15, 2009