My 1 year old is having loose stools.

My 1 year old was sick a couple weeks ago with a stomach virus. He had a fever, diarrhea, followed by a rash. All have since cleared. Though just with in the last couple days his stools have been loose again. He only goes once a day, but it is not at all formed. I"ve tried a bland diet for the past 24+ hours, but it still continues. Everything else is okay (he's eating, playing, etc. . . ). Not sure what else to do. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it is probably the rest of the virus exiting his body. pooping and mucus are ways for your body to excrete viruses. just let it finish running its course and give him plenty of fluids. keep him well hydrated.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:34 AM on May. 15, 2009