spotting?

ok i know this is probably tmi, but after sex last night i spotted for a minute it didnt last long at all, it was red, but it didnt last long, im 20 weeks, is that normal??

mommy2be1308

Asked by mommy2be1308 at 10:31 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes its normal. As long as it didnt last long and it wasnt flowing out then your fine and so is the baby. im 32 wks and that happend to me last night also. Its the same as when you get a physical exam and they tell you that you might spot for a little while. So dont worry everything is all good. =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:39 AM on May. 15, 2009

• it is normal. you may have had sex a little too rough. take it easy from here on out until you give birth. but yeah light bleeding after sex is normal. just don't be surprised if you find yourself lightly spotting when you wipe for the next couple of days. you only need to worry when you find yourself with dark red thick blood, more than spotting, or cramping. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:40 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Every pregnancy is different and with my current one, I did spot a good amount after sex one time. (I was still in my first trimester) I went to urgent care, just in case, and everything is still good to go. I had some blood clots left inside but the doctor said this can happen as the cervix and the surrounding areas can be quite sensitive right now and the all "action" (tmi lol) causes to bleed slightly. So long as the cervix is still closed and you're not in any pain (ie cramping)...it is normal. If you're worried, its always comforting to go get checked anyways. [And you get to see the baby too! =)]
    AneesasMom

Answer by AneesasMom at 10:44 AM on May. 15, 2009