Diet While breastfeeding

What is a good easy fast diet while breastfeeding? is there any pills you cantake while breastfeeding? What if the pill says 100% natural?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would not take any pills while breastfeeding unless the pediatrician thought it would be okay. and as far as dieting, that is another thing you should bring up to the doc. your baby is getting all of his/her calories, fat, protein everything from you and what you eat. you need to discuss with doc. first.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:38 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I breastfeed and everyday for lunch I eat a spinach salad with egg whites , tomatoes, avocados and a few other fixins its good and light and i think it has contributed to my weight loss. I also eat a whole grain fiber ceral for breakfast but other than that I eat what I normally would well no spice( and by that i mean no buffalo wings or tacos or salsa or anything like that. and No caffiene) trust me you will regret it if you do not avoid those things. But i gained 65 lbs and my daughter is 4 months old and i have lost 51 w/o exercise ! you will be amazed at what feeding another person will do for your body!
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 10:50 AM on May. 15, 2009

• DOnt take any pills anything you take will go into your baby and im sure you dont want you baby taking a diet pill all natural or not
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 10:52 AM on May. 15, 2009

• No pills. I am breastfeeding my 5 1/2 month old daughter, and I BF'd by son for a year and a half. The best, easy meals for me are Lean Cuisine. (I'm actually eating a Roasted Garlic Chicken Pizza right now!) Pop it in the microwave, and 3 and a half minutes later -viola! Plus, there are no dirty dishes! Also, chicken noodle soup with lots of vegetables. I make this for dinner at least once a week and don't feel guilty if I eat a brownie afterward!
    HoustonMom22

Answer by HoustonMom22 at 1:53 PM on May. 15, 2009

• There is a great book about loseing weigh while breastfeeding called Lose Weight While Beastfeeding. Its all about the math!
    Good luck and know that moms who breastfeed for at least 6mon have greater weight loss then non bf mamas
    HypnoMomma

Answer by HypnoMomma at 3:17 PM on May. 15, 2009